Birth doula services
Our birth doulas will:
- meet up with you several times before the big day to discuss your wishes and expectations for your birth
- answer your questions based on their wide experience and share evidence-based research and material should you have any specific challenges
- help you make up a birth plan if you desire one and run through all the options so you can feel you can make informed choices for your birth. Research shows that parents who have all the information they require, have better and more serene birth experiences.
- be available around the clock two weeks before your estimated due date and remain available the first week after the birth.
- stay with you throughout labour and birth, giving emotional support, helping you with ways to relieve pressure or pain, and ensuring that you can feel safe in your labour-bubble
- be there to reassure your partner if needed
- translate medical jargon into your native language (if you speak French, Dutch or German)
- stay with you up to two hours after the birth to ensure that you and your partner have a quiet space to bond with your baby
- help you with the first steps in breastfeeding.
- visit you the day after your birth unless you prefer to postpone. In general two visits are advised during the postpartum period to ensure that you are doing well and to answer any – questions you may have about how the birth went, your postpartum body, breastfeeding or newborn care.
A birth doula can also help you with…
… relaxation and visualisation techniques
… using a birth ball
… finding the right paediatrician, lactation consultant, massage therapist, reflexologist or osteopath and so much more!